Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Patterns and Plans

warning: photo overload ahead

I'm sure you know that like all the new fall patterns are out - Simplicity, Butterick, New Look, Burda and McCall's. Way too many to fully review!!!

You saw that I snatched up a bunch of new Simplicity patterns; but there's MORE.

From the Butterick Fall lineup (not much to be desired, IMO); I picked up 6100 (tops) and 6104 (jackets)






From New Look; I picked up 6298 and 6301


And from Burda, 6839 and 6878. The Burda envelope patterns were in stock at Hancock and they had the catalog...but the patterns STILL aren't up on the Simplicity website yet! I mean, SERIOUSLY!


In the month of August, I've added a mind-boggling 45 patterns to my pattern stash. oops. 5 of those were free though!!! :-)  And two were picked up for someone else because I was there and in case they replied "YES PLEASE!"; which they did not. It's okay... 

VERY interestingly; 24 of those new additions were Simplicity patterns. I seriously need not another pattern. Not. Another. One.

McCall's were released and were primarily a snoozefest for me. I feel like these 2 are must haves (ignore the statement above about no more patterns, please)

7026. I mean. LOOK at it.


7013. I have to buy this. I have little girls that need cute jackets. No really, I do!

 I like this vest (only views C & D) but...bewbs...so we'll see.


**********

Plans. Yes, I have made humungous sewing plans for fall. It's not a mini wardrobe or a pac; just things I need in fabrics I like. I am trying to ensure that everything matches at least 2 things that I already have - e.g.; a top needs to match at least 2 pairs of pants. And a pant needs to match at least 2 tops.

I swear the cape is much cuter than this horrid pattern photo. I swear.

Because I want to look cool like her. 

Because this jacket rocks (shortest peplum, no lapels with this fabric)

(charcoal grey, a tan heather, olive)
2 pants in the TNT S2700, 1 in the Vogue. Maybe 2 if my 'wearable muslin' turns out.

 A few woven tops; TNT S2255 in white and a light print (cut out this morning).
Black tie neck shirt and plaid casual shirt.

A few knit tops; S2369 in a light sweater knit. Vogue cowl neck in jersey and S1916 in ITY(?)


Of course, these plans could be changed at anytime because of "Oooh, shiny!" or...





EEEEEEEK! We will see :-)




28 comments:

  1. "because I want to look cool like her" LMAO. That was the best statement ever. So many times I pick my patterns for the same reason, lol. You picked up some great patterns here! I had to add Butterick 6100 to my list because I hadn't had it on my radar until you! (thanks, lol). And you reminded me I have Simplicity 2255 in my stash waiting to be tried. I love sewing for fall so I'm super pumped to see everything being made in blogworld :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, she's pretty much just chillin. I want to just chill!!! ;-p

      It seems like a nice "easy" top. We shall see.

      I love S2255. LOVE.

      Delete
  2. "Oooooo...shiny" is exactly why I didn't enter Fabric Mart's challenge. Maybe I'll do it next year. Good on you for entering; I hope you're selected.

    As for your sewing plans, I have no doubt that you will make all of this by Friday. =)

    Visiting Simplicity's web site is riding in a Delorean. Amiright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like they've regressed to the 20th century. Way, way back. I have downloaded the app so I can actually pull up the back of envelope info when I need it.

      You made me literally LOL with "make all of this by Friday"! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Whaaaat??? There's an app for that?! Where do I find such a beast?

      Delete
    3. Bwah ha ha!!! I agree with L, you'll have it all done by Friday.
      That is SO EXCITING that you entered the Fabric Mart challenge!!

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a great plan! I want to see how those dress pants come out!! I am targeting my pattern buys to coordinate with my Fall sewing, but this lineup is so good, I will definitely be indulging here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! S2700 is my TNT but those "princess seams" in the back of the Vogue are calling my name!

      Delete
  4. Looks like your sewing mojo is ON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I make up the "I want to look cool like her" jacket, I will look like my MOTHER, which always freaks me out (like seeing a spider shrieking kind of freak out). I am getting the good vibes ritual going for you re Fabrista Challenge. We have the burn tests on the cutting counter left to do, but the rest bode well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!!! I am seeing the 'turning into my mother'. It is totally 'saw a spider' shriek inducing!

      Delete
  6. Ok, I need to be slightly more organized about my sewing queue, matching fabric to patterns like this ahead of time. And I WILL be making that Mccalls 7026 pattern, all views likely. I happened to buy some usually very expensive Polartec fabrics for $3/yd (enabler alert: millyardage.com, the clearance section) that will be perfect for this. And I will cry myself to sleep if you're not chosen for the FM competition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great line up of projects. I hoping to get B6104 sewn up.... I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I feel like I just bought a lot of the same patterns as you (or would have if the store had had the new ones in while the sale was going on and if the Hancock's wasn't over an hour away...).

    Of course, now that you've announced plans they *have* to pick you for the Fabricista challenge just to mess with them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fingers crossed for you on the Fabricista Fabric Challenge! And I swear that "oooh...shiny!" is the biggest threat to any actual planned sewing for me. I'm amazed that I was able to execute my mini-wardrobe without getting distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Cannot wait to see how everything turns out. SMH at simplicity Burda rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I said no more patterns but saw som McCalls patterns yesterday that I want soooo after labor day no more patterns

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, no more patterns is my mantra too - and at least five will always come home. Second mantra is no my stashing, as another ten metres (yards to you) come home. Repeat ad nauseum!

    I want to be cool like her too - I think so many of us do fall in love with the image, err, and then there is the "me"in the mirror - good luck with the proposed transformation! Great jacket though, so is the one with the leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sewing plans..Look forward to seeing what you will make.. Patterns and fabric................. Oh , how they draw us.. and oh what fun.lol
    enjoy your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta love making plans! It is so fun to put patterns and fabrics together. I also find that planning kind of helps me focus and accomplish stuff. At least, it does until (like you!) I am distracted by the next bright, shiny something. Happy sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this whole post had me cracking up lool
    *looks at empty bank account*.
    *goes to lurk all of the fall collections*

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE reading about other people's fabric and pattern stashing. Living vicariously through you all is saving me so much cash, cupboard space and guilt. Keep it up peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I admire your sewing plans and your follow through!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great pattern and plans. I wonder why simplicity takes so long adding new patterns to their website. It seems like weeks after they ship new patterns to the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am impressed as always with sewing mojo and wish some of it would rub off on me! I'm chiming in with the others you will totally have all of this sewn up in no time. Since Monday is a holiday you will have all of your items sewn up plus a back-to-school wardrobe for your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great sewing plans! I also added the New Look 6301 pattern to my stash. Now I must find the perfect fabric for it. Happy Stitching, Regina.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!